Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Social networking, right before my eyes...

Yesterday, I posted a small 'blog' on my Facebook "Notes". It's a personal story of what has happened in the morning. I just wonder who (among my friends) would be reading it, be attentive about it and respond to it.

By afternoon, I received quite a number of comments from my friends, including James and Karen. Here's the "wonder of Facebook" that I could see right before my eyes...

James is my ex-colleague under Project Management in DLS from approximately year 2003 to 2005. Whereas Karen is my ex-colleague under IT in DLS from approximately year 2002 to 2003. In other words, Karen and James never met each other and never knew each other's existence within the same company.

As James and Karen were consoling me through comments over my "Notes", they could read each other's comments and they even commented/responded on/to each other's comment. The next thing I knew, James said "Hey Karen! We could be friends!"

Today, I noticed that both James and Karen are planning to meet for an appointment. Knowing that Karen is into some part-time business of networking, and James is the kind of person who likes to listen, learn and 'advice' (and even have interest to join a new venture), I know that this 'connection' is possible.

I guess by now, James and Karen have each other their friends list...

Facebook - the book of faces,
- Sha @ Teaching and Learning
13 Nov 2008

No comments: