Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Final post on CENL2008

First of all, thanks for the name "Gung Ho" and "The Fast One". Hehehe... I only get that kind of names when I'm in UCSI University. I think I brought that culture from my previous company - something I learnt from my big boss then. (Somebody needs to explain to George, Peter and the rest the meaning of 'gung ho'. Hope I spelt it right.)

About the CENL2008 course
I'm so happy that I could accomplish every task given. Not all are perfect, but with the skills I have and the way I work, I could've done more. Nevertheless, the course has made me feel 'belong' to the education world. I could understand well on how students nowadays learn (by being a learner myself) and I could imagine how they would want us to teach/guide them. The concept of "being near but yet it's far" should be there (I mean, us being reachable to the learners even though we are far apart, via emails, IMs, SNCs, Twitter, etc.)


Personally...
Personally, being a person in the middle of technical-side and user-side (for the past 9 years) actually made me a little bit unsatisfied when I can't get myself to hack on the applications/technology that we've learnt in CENL2008. I guess it is my habit to crack/hack whatever in front of me, so that I could understand better how the whole thing works and what's the possibilities we could further achieve from it. (I guess that's where the "gung ho" part comes from. Sigh!)


That's why I took an extra effort to figure out how to install and set up my own moodle and wiki (programmatically) onto my personal web hosting server (shahrinaz.com). All were half-cooked, sorry. The excitement dwindles down after some time hacking through the brickwalls... huu huu...

I'm yet to try out the PHP scripting in Facebook Application to make some learning environment in it. It's still in blue draft in my head, no time to sit on it. Hehehe...

Final Paragraph now... I promise!
All in all... It's been a wonderful adventure, and it helps me kick-start on having ideas and ideas pouring into my head (I think I need an external portable harddisk for my head soon! Haha!!) on how to 'reach' the learners' expectations via technology around us today. I learn a lot from CENL2008, and I think from now on, I would know how to learn on my own using the same methods taught here. Thank you so much, George and Peter.

Knowlede we give others
will be replicated again and again
that it reach beyond the numbers we could've imagined;
Knowledge we share with others
will be appreciated continuously
that it would grow into bigger and bigger ideas;
Knowledge we taught otherswould make them grow
with more confidence in facing life ahead;
Knowledge itself is a wondrous journey,
not a destination.


The knowledge-sharing enthusiast,
- Sha @ Teaching and Learning
10 Dec 2008

No comments: