Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Browsing through others' blogs...

I've been checking out others' blogs, those who are under the same programme as mine currently (the CENL2008 online course). Quite interesting that everyone could contribute something to each other. I'm quite surprised that I could manage to post comments for each participant's blogs!

Today, the Admins updated the list of new blogs posted by our members, including themselves. As I was skimming through George's (http://www.elearnspace.org/blog/) and Peter's (http://ltc.umanitoba.ca:83/blogs/atouchoffrost) blogs, I noticed something by comparing the two blog contents.
  • Different bloggers have different styles in blogging. Some would blog very "academically" or formally, while some other would be blogging spontaneously or casually. I thought I'm a casual blogger until I noticed the different styles I have for different blogs! My personal blogs are quite casual, whereas my portfolio blog is quite formal. Hhmm...
  • If we blog short and juicy (like other participants' blogs), it's easier for others to comment. If we blog lengthy with too much of 'babbling' (like what I did in this blog), we'll end up having no comments posted or even no readers at all! Not everyone has time to read through every line, right? Lesson learnt!
  • Fonts! I know I'm an interface designer and fonts are important to me, but... as mentioned in my class and even here, if the fonts are small and compact (showing there's so much texts in the article), it would cause the readers to feel a bit demotivated to read. Especially if the paragraphs are 'thick' and lengthy. But that doesn't mean a fat, bold fonts are good, neither... because fat and bold fonts 'sounds' rather 'strong' and 'rude'. Unless the blogger wants to emphasize certain statements or words, then I guess it's OK. Oh yes, unless it's a header or title, it would be appropriate too.

Let me cut my 'mind-boggling blog' here, so that it won't bore you (haha!). I will keep on blogging in this site as how I see fit, so it won't be just for the purpose of the CENL2008.

All the best to all bloggers! May all of us get good responds from the world of readers!

Mind boggling with a headache, ends up in a casual-toned blog,
- Sha @ Teaching and Learning
15 Oct 2008

No comments: