Thursday, October 16, 2008

Podcasting - Day 1 (Part II)

Time check, 4:57PM. 3 more minutes to go off!! And only now I got to the registration page of the SolidCasts (the podcast hosting service)!! Gggrrrr...

I quickly filled in the registration form, alongwith some other fields to be filled in to create a "podcast". (Whattaheck is a podcast anyway? After all the readings, I'm still blur...).

I uploaded my little sweet voice WAV file to the podcast, and... that's it! What's next??

"Argh! Forget it! Continue later at Subang." I switched off my notebook and headed for Subang, quickly looking for a coffee shop with WiFi, to continue my work. (I'm in Subang for a jamming session at 8pm, so while waiting...)

6:00PM-6:50PM - Reviewed my Research Methods in Computing student's draft, using the tracking feature in Microsoft Word. Email sent to him straight away.

6:50PM-7:20PM - Logging in to CENL2008 Moodle, Blogger and SolidCasts. Edited the podcast information, suddenly had an idea on uploading a 300x300 pixels of image to represent my podcast, and added this blog URL for the "website" field.

"What's next? I thought we supposed to call/link the podcast from our website or something like that? Otherwise, how would the 'students' get to the podcast?" (Thinking out loud the practical side of this podcasting thing.) Better check with the CENL2008 course outline again...

The course outline stated: "
Create a podcast! It can be on any subject. You'll need a computer and a microphone and Audacity a free audio recording tool. Upload your audio recording to a podcasting hosting service. Detail your experiences on your blog."

That's it?? Oh! That means I've done it! Post some podcast on the hosting site, and that's it! Hah! (An evil laugh rang in my ear...)

With this, I end my blogging for today. Tomorrow, I will continue to do a proper podcast and try to link/feed from/to this blog. (Still trying to understand how to use the terminology.) But whatever it is, tonight I'm going to record the jamming session with Audacity, wahahaha!!!

I think the caffeine is too much in my brain with all the excitement,
- Sha @ Teaching and Learning
16 Oct 2008

No comments: