Thursday, October 16, 2008

Podcasting - Day 2

Before I logged off last night, I noticed that the SolidCasts gave instructions on how to link/feed the uploaded podcast to blogs and websites. Since time did not permit, I postponed that exploration to today.

Last night's recording of my band's jamming session was a success. I was merely testing how long the Audacity allowed me to record (because some devices/software have limits of recording time/length). It seems that I could record forever...! OK, I guess forever is 'too much' to wish for.

Anyway, this morning I could manage to run through the recorded audio, and I edited the file in Audacity, to copy out the best part of the session and re-save it as another name (also an AUP file).

I insisted on getting the "export to MP3" right, this time round, so I properly read through the error message prompted when I tried to export the file. It said that I needed an encoding file for Audacity to successfully convert the file to MP3. It is called lame_enc.dll.

I searched online for the DLL file, and I got it! Quickly downloaded it, and called that file when I was prompted again in Audacity... and it works! I got myself an MP3 version of the audio file, and uploaded it to my SolidCasts site as a new episode under a newly created podcast called "Shazz DCmates".

Next... to carefully read and understand how to link/feed my podcast. I tried 2 out of 4 recommended options: i) copy the postfeed link to my blog; ii) copy the whole episode link to my blog. You can see the results in my blog on DCmates band at http://shazz-dcmates.blogspot.com/.

I will try the other two options next time. Now, back to work!

Slowly learning the technology, and from experience I know it will take days to understand...,
- Sha @ Teaching and Learning
17 Oct 2008

No comments: